Have you noticed the cherries in the stores these days?
Wow! We can’t get enough of them.
Today I bring you a bowl of cherries…
as in this delicious bowl of Cherry Couscous!
The cherries this year are so luscious! We’ve been buying them by the bagfuls and they are gone within a day.
I was delighted to find this recipe that goes GREAT with grilled pork chops.
The hardest part to this recipe is chopping the cherries…and how hard is that?
Yum! That’s all she wrote.
WHAT I WAS COOKING ONE YEAR AGO: Spicy Turkey Pasta
A Kitchen Muse: Cooking Light
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted cherries
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ⅓ cup dry-roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place couscous in a large bowl.
- Add ¾ cup boiling water; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, salt, cherries, and remaining ingredients.