Allow me to dish you up a scoop of summer.
A dish of sweet summer peaches.
It doesn’t get any better than this.
Yes, I’m still on my ice cream kick. I’m loving my new Kitchen Aide ice cream maker. I just can’t stop making ice cream!
This recipe is one of my favorites.
Start with 4 cups of fresh, juicy peaches. Cut them up.
Puree them lightly in a food processor. I like chunks of fruit in my ice cream so I don’t over do it.
Mix with half and half, evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar and pudding. I do add a small shot of vanilla vodka. The alcohol prevents the ice cream from freezing too hard in the freezer.
Process in your ice cream maker….
Voila! So scrumptious. Here – have a dish!
What I was making a year ago: MANDEL BREAD
Peach Ice Cream
A Kitchen Muse: adapted from Southern Living
Recipe type: dessert, ice cream
Serves: 2 qt.
- 4 cups peeled, diced fresh peaches (about 8 small ripe peaches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3.75-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 small shot of vanilla vodka
- Combine peaches and sugar, and let stand 1 hour.
- Process peach mixture in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a large bowl; stir in peach puree, condensed milk, half-and-half and a shot of vanilla vodka.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart hand-turned or electric freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon into an airtight container, and freeze until firm.