Ah. Summer’s bounty.
I can’t keep up with all the wonderful things I want to make.
Fresh peaches are ripening on my counter.
Beets are waiting to be roasted in my refrigerator.
And all those tomatoes!
Herbs from the garden.
Fresh green beans.
As I write this tonight, I see on the news how the drought is affecting the summer crops and suddenly, I become more grateful for what’s on my table.
This is a simple recipe…the sweet and saltiness of oven roasted tomatoes.
Slow roasted in the oven laced with fresh thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Topping the fresh sweetness of steamed green beans, garnished with feta cheese.
Ah, a mouthful of summer!
What I was cooking a year ago: Berry, Berry Mini Pies
Green Beans and Roasted Tomatoes
A Kitchen Muse: A Kitchen Muse
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1½ pints cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Feta cheese
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in halves and place in bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss with herbs, salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly on a foil line cookie sheet making sure there is space between the tomatoes for roasting.
- Place in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hour until tomatoes and shriveled and wilted.
- Steam green beans for about 5 minutes.
- Toss with roasted tomatoes removing stems from the herbs.
- Garnish with feta cheese and serve.