I’m having a hard time starting this post…
Hubby is sitting next to me moaning between bites…
“This bread is killer…this bread is evil…I could eat the whole thing right now…this is the best thing you’ve ever made”
See what I mean? He’s so distracting sometimes!
Truth is – this bread IS killer and it is one of the best recipes I have!
It’s a light lemony bread bursting with blueberries, touched with a tart sugary lemon glaze.
You start out with a basic cake bread recipe that is laced with lemon zest…
Toss the blueberries with a bit of flour so they don’t sink in the batter.
Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter…
Spread into a loaf pan and bake for an hour.
Remove from the oven and while still warm, poke holes in the loaf and pour the lemony sugar glaze all over it!
You seriously cannot have just one piece…seriously!
Make it – make it for your family, make it for your friends, make it for your office, make it for your neighbors…
Just make it!
ONE YEAR AGO I WAS MAKING: Pineapple Cupcakes
Blueberry Lemon Bread
A Kitchen Muse: A Kitchen Muse
Recipe type: Bread
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⅓ cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter and sugar a 8½ x 4½ x 2½” loaf pan; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1 cup of the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the lemon peel.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternatively adding the milk beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Lightly coat blueberries with a small amount of flour.
- Gently fold in blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for about one hour until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining ⅓ cup of sugar and lemon juice to boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Once removed from the oven, pierce the top of the hot loaf several time without touching the bottom of the loaf in pan.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture over the loaf.
- Cool for 30 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- Turn bread out of pan and cool completely on rack.