Happy Easter Everyone!
I bet you’ve been having fun coloring all those eggs, putting them in pretty pastel baskets and hiding them for an egg hunt.
Come Monday, you’re gonna wake up and open the refrigerator to confront ALL THOSE EGGS!
Here’s an easy, flexible recipe for everyone’s favorite – deviled eggs.
Adjust the recipe to your taste and enjoy!
Why are they called ‘deviled’ anyways?
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 24 hard boiled eggs (I cook extra for extra yolks for the filling)
- ½ cup light mayonaise
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs. horseradish (or wasabi paste is a good variation)
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt (optional)
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- Cut eggs in half and place yolks in a food processor with other ingredients.
- Adjust to taste.
- Pipe yolk mixture into egg halves or use a spoon to fill.
- Garnish with your favorite garnish: parsley, chives, olives, cilantro, sun dried tomatoes or paprika.