Pineapple Cupcakes

Today I bring you sweetness.

Today I’m happy and want you to be happy too!

I’m happy because my girls are all in town for the first time in a year. Tonight I’m hosting a family cookout so they can visit with their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.

I wanted to make something special for dessert and we’ve been craving pineapple these days.

It all started with these..

They were calling my name. I spent weeks thinking of what I could do with them.  I remembered a recipe from one of my favorite blogs – Gina’s Skinny Recipes. It was a ridiculously easy recipe and low fat to boot!

Cake mix and crushed pineapple. That’s it. Crazy huh?

Throw them in the mixer, stir and fill…

Bake…

Here comes the fun part!

Make a good butter cream frosting. I like the one on the Wilton website – it holds up nicely for piping.

Simply pipe and swirl, pipe and swirl….

And you get these!

I gotta run and make potato salad – family’s coming tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Baking, cake decorating, cupcakes, flower cupcakes, food, foodpress, frosting, lowfat cupcakes, pineapple Baking, Sweet Stuff

17 comments on “Pineapple Cupcakes

1. Tina@flourtrader on said:

It is really nice to have all the family together, sounds like you cannot wait! Pineapple cupcakes really sound delicious, I am sure everyone will enjoy them. Like the cupcake papers you used. Enjoy the family!

2. Lisa @ Snappy Gourmet on said:

Beautiful!!

3. Shirley on said:

So pretty!! I like the assortment of both yellow and pink frosting “flowers.”

4. Elyse @The Cultural Dish on said:

Wow I love that you only have to use the two ingredients! I love pineapple flavored desserts with strawberry frosting so I’ll give these cupcakes a go for sure! Thanks for sharing!

5. Meghan on said:

They are so pretty! Those cupcake liners are lovely :)

6. Sandra on said:

Very pretty and so easy to make.

7. lindalyell on said:

Very easy and very delicious!

8. Stasty on said:

These look so pretty. I love the idea of light and fruity pineapple cupcakes.

9. Melissa Davenport on said:

I have been searching for a pineapple cupcake recipe to use with a brown sugar frosting recipe that I found. A little backwards, but sometimes that is how it goes. I was going to do banana cake and brown sugar frosting when my 8 year old informed me she would not eat them as she does not like bananas. Ugh, sorry for the digression.

Anyway, my question is, do you also use the other ingredients used on the cake mix or just the cake mix and pineapple? I would think at the very least you would need the egg, but from your picture, it is jus the pineapple and cake mix.

So glad I found this….much easier than making from scratch!!

• lindalyell on said:

Thanks Melissa! The recipe is just the cake mix and pineapple and it turns out very moist and lowfat! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

10. Pingback: Pineapple Cupcakes - Cupcake Post

11. Vera Zecevic - Cupcakes Garden on said:

Really nice cupcakes! There is no lots of cupcake recipes with pineapple you can find! I would really like to showcase them on my cupcake recipes & ideas blog if you agree. Best regards