Today is all about presents!
Not the kind you buy in a store…or online…
But what you take the time out to make in your kitchen…
with your own touch.
It’s about giving…something sweet.
And today we have sweet!
This is so easy – only three ingredients!
I have to ask myself why would you spend all those dollars at Williams Sonoma (and I do spend a few there!) when you can make it at home?
You’ve got dark chocolate, white chocolate and candy canes…
And 40 minutes.
Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and spread in a pan.
Freeze for 20 minutes. Repeat the process with white chocolate covering the dark chocolate layer.
Press in crushed candy canes while the white chocolate is still soft.
And this is what you get.
Now share the love!
What I was making a year ago: Kolachy
Recipe type: Holiday Candy and Gifts
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (any brand will do)
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 24 mini candy canes, crushed
- Crush candy canes in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin or hammer until broken but not too finely crushed.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until melted and spreadable.
- Spread melted chocolate onto parchment paper in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until melted and spreadable.
- Mix the finer pieces of the crushed candy cane into the melted white chocolate.
- Spread the melted white chocolate over the frozen milk chocolate working quickly so the two chocolates don't melt together.
- Press broken candy cane pieces into the chocolate and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and break into pieces.
- Store in zip lock bag in the freezer.